Effective Date: June 30, 2016
Vanco Payment Solutions, Inc. and Vanco Payment Solutions, LLC (collectively, “Vanco”), and any and all entities that control, are controlled by, or are affiliated with Vanco are collectively referred to herein as “we,” “us” or “our”. This Notice applies to the Give+ Application (the “App”) and how we collect information about you and your use of the App. We may collect information either automatically by the App or when you enter the information.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APPLICATION. DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION OR PROVIDE INFORMATION (OR ALLOW OTHERS TO DO SO ON YOUR BEHALF) IF YOU (AND YOUR PRINCIPAL IF YOU ARE ACTING AS AGENT) DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND ANY APPLICABLE SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY NOTICES.
DOWNLOADING OR USING THE APP, CREATING AN ACCOUNT PROFILE, OR AFFIRMATIVELY SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE APP WILL BE YOUR CONSENT TO THIS NOTICE, AS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME.
CHANGES TO THE NOTICE
Please note that we may change this Notice from time to time by posting an updated version of the Notice here and on the Apple iTunes App Store or Google Play. It is your obligation to review this Notice from time to time and to review updates that are posted. Please refer to this Notice regularly. If we make a material change to the way in which we collect, use, or share your personal information, we will post the changes here and on the Apple iTunes App Store or Google Play. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice. Your use of the App following any such notice will signify and constitute your assent to and acceptance of the revised Notice.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU & WHY?
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the App or Services.
Information You Give Us. We may collect and retain any information from you or your devices provided to us when you use the App, including when you:
- register for an account;
- store payment methods;
- communicate with us, such as to provide feedback, request support, or ask for additional information; and
- complete a donation transaction.
This information may include:
- name, address, email address and other contact information; and
- payment information.
Automatically Collected Information. We may also collect information automatically when you use the App, such as:
- the type of browser, devices, and operating systems you use;
- the IP address of the proxy by which you communicate to the server;
- session information;
- server logs and Apple iTunes store or Android Google Play stores provided data;
- geolocation information, including data such as your device’s physical location and which may include GPS-based, WiFi-based, or cellular-based location information.
Third parties may also obtain information, such as your mobile device manufacturer or carrier, mobile or data network systems or operators, other providers of other apps or code on your device, and anyone who has administrative privileges to devices you use. In general, we do not control what information those kinds of third parties may receive and do not take any steps affirmatively to provide them with more information than they would obtain from other apps you might choose to download. You may also be reminded by the Apple iTunes store or Google Play (e.g., a third party platform you might use to obtain the App, such as Apple iTunes store, etc.) that certain information might be sought by us or others, or that certain privacy policies will apply to the App. You agree that we may rely upon any consents or agreements you provide to such stores or device manufacturers (e.g., if you tell them that it’s okay that the App collect “location” or other personal information, we may rely on your consent as if you had given it directly to us).
Additional Information Collected in Applications. In addition to the types of personal information that we collect on the App generally, additional information may be collected in the App. For example, App features may allow you to provide additional information such as location preferences. The information you decide to include may be saved in the App so that you may have access to it from several devices.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, and others acting on our behalf, may use the information we collect to communicate with you, provide you information and our services, analyze your use of the App, and to otherwise operate our business. In addition, we may use and share information as permitted by law for protection of ourselves and others, to comply with applicable law and legal process, and for the purpose of preventing fraud, theft, and injury to you, us, or other parties.
Operate and Support our App and Services. We use the information that we collect (i) for our business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, and processing and collecting payments; (ii) to provide customer support, and to send you important administrative communications regarding the App; (iii) to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, and the App; (iv) to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis; (v) to comply with applicable legal requirements, to enforce our policies and terms of service, and to protect you, the App, and us, against error and fraud. We may identify your use of our App across devices, and we may use information we collect from you and receive from others to optimize your use of the App and our services as you use different devices.
To Allow You to Connect with Religious Organizations. When you use our service, and after you provide your contact information, we may use the information you provide us to allow you to connect with requested religious organizations. Your contact information will be provided to the organization(s) to which you direct any donations. We may disclose aggregate transaction counts, which do not include personally identifiable information, to certain denominational groups.
Other Contacts. We may contact you through telephone, text, or email for the provision of receipts or other purposes, as permitted by law.
This Notice only addresses our own information practices. This Notice does not apply to information you share with third parties, including but not limited to religious organizations, even if we link to those third parties from the App. These third parties may have their own privacy policies governing their use of information that you can access from their websites.
WHEN DOES VANCO SHARE INFORMATION?
Corporate Affiliates. We may share information with our corporate affiliates for their everyday business purposes, to provide services or to perform marketing. We may also participate in joint ventures with others and we may share information as part of that joint venture.
Service Provider. We may employ independent contractors, vendors, and suppliers (collectively, “Outside Contractors”) to provide specific services and products related to Vanco and the App, including, without limitation, hosting and maintaining the App, and developing applications for the App. These Outside Contractors may receive access to information collected from you, including your personally identifiable information, in the course of providing products or services to us.
Promotional. We may share information with third parties to help us promote our products and services, or to help us customize advertisements, offers, or other communications to you.
Religious Organizations. We share information with religious organizations you select or to which you donate. If you register for App services for, or make a donation to, a particular religious organization, we may share information with that organization to allow you to communicate with them, and them to communicate with you.
Business Transfer. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, where all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated customer lists containing your personal information) are sold or transferred. We may also disclose your personal information if disclosure is required by law or pursuant to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
This Notice applies to Vanco's treatment of personally identifiable information collected by or on behalf of Vanco through the App and does not necessarily reflect practices with respect to information gathered through other sites that we operate or through other off-line means.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
The App is considered a general audience site and is not directed to children. Vanco does not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the App. If you are under 18, you may use the App only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian. Our services are not designed for children under 13.
Vanco employs what we believe are commercially reasonable efforts to provide reasonable procedural and technical safeguards for your personally identifiable information against loss, theft, alteration, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure where we are legally required to protect it, but this is not a promise that your information will never be disclosed except as provided herein. Applications use mobile phones and other devices, and any security of data that resides on the device will only be as secure as the device itself. Please be advised, however, that the transmission of information over wireless and wired networks is not inherently secure and, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security measures, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. The nature of the Internet is such that information may be transmitted over networks without appropriate security measures and may be accessed, deleted, altered, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. Information can sometimes be intercepted or accessed in violation of law, contract, or policy, and technologies do not always work as anticipated.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING MY INFORMATION?
In addition to consenting to this Notice (and any relevant supplemental policies), we want you to know and we request your particular consent to, a few activities relating to personal information that will help us to deal with personal information that is disclosed in furtherance of our operations and programs. These are described immediately below.
- Consent to Share and Disclose Personal Information, Including Data Transfers Internationally. We may share information within the Vanco organization, including our subsidiaries and affiliates. We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses, web hosts, technical support providers, fulfillment centers, or other services or for enforcing or investigating transactions or business operations). These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose, but we do not control these companies. You agree that Vanco and those with whom we share personal information (“Recipients”) may disclose and transfer your personal information worldwide (including in and outside the U.S, Canada, the European Union, and other jurisdictions) for any purpose relating to our operations, programs, or otherwise that is not allowed or prohibited by this Notice. Vanco may transfer information that you send to us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information, to countries that do not provide the same level of legal data protection as the United States. By using this App, you consent to such transfers and to the processing by Vanco of such information as described in this Notice.
- Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach. If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our App or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
- Opt Out. You may limit and control the information provided to us in a number of ways. No person (of any age) is required to provide us with the personally identifiable information we request. If you do not wish to provide your personally identifiable information, you are free not to do so. Your provision of requested personally identifiable to us through our App or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. However, in some cases, only persons who provide the requested personally identifiable information will be able to participate in the App activities and offerings.
Your device may provide you the option to limit the use of tracking technologies. You should consult documentation for your device for more information. Your mobile device may have settings that allow you to prevent sharing geolocation information with us. You should consult your mobile device’s settings or help documentation for more information about exercising these options.
- Updates to, and Deletion of, Information from the App. You may update some information (not all of which will necessarily be personal information) provided to the App by using any functionality in the App for that. You can remove applications by deleting or uninstalling them from all of devices they are on. Properly removing the App will stop your device from providing further information to us or others, but will not affect information already collected or Disclosed, including information that resides somewhere else. For example, the App may synchronize with your account profile on the App (and vice versa) and the App information for such account profiles is held by us. To eliminate that information, you will need to edit your account profile information on the App as described in Section 7 (Questions, Access, Contact Information, Choice, and Correction). Additionally, because of the way we maintain account profiles, residual copies of account profile, App, and other associated information may remain on our backup systems. Also, App or information removal (full or partial) will not have any effect on information already disclosed or relied upon by us or others.
QUESTIONS, ACCESS, CONTACT INFORMATION, & CORRECTION
If you have any questions or concerns about our Notice, email us at email@example.com, call (800) 675-7430, or send your questions or concerns in writing to:
Vanco Payments Attn: Compliance 400 Northridge Road, Suite 1200 Atlanta, GA 30350
If you request, we will provide you with the opportunity to object to and correct any inaccurate information we maintain about you collected by the App, subject to verification, as well as to require us to delete your personally identifiable information if you no longer want us to process it. Any such request may be added to your data file and forwarded to data recipients where appropriate or requested by you. You may also request that your data not be shared with any third parties. Such requests may be made by contacting us in accordance with this section.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us in writing as set forth in Section 7 (Questions, Access, Contact Information, and Correction).
California Do Not Track Disclosure. As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
By using this App, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to the App, the App’s content or the services or materials made available on the App, or regarding information collected or shared about you, is subject to the Choice of Law, Venue, and Class Action Waiver provisions in our Terms of Service.